Welcome to the Women’s Ministry website of Annistown Road Baptist Church. We hope that you will find this site refreshing, encouraging, uplifting and informative on the ministry events happening at Annistown Road Baptist Church. Feel free to contact us for any information that we can help you with, or questions about the ministry here at ARBC.
Upcoming events are listed to the right side of this page. Click on a link to view the specific event you are interested in for additional information on each scheduled event.
MISSION STATMENT: Provide spiritually based information, which inspires, renews, and enhances the lives of women to cope with various issues whereby fellowship can be nurtured.
PURPOSE: Through scripture, we seek to encourage, nurture, and disciple women to become enthusiastic disciples of Jesus Christ, as we each become the woman that God created each of us to be. In addition, we promote spiritual growth, a personal relationship with God, loving relationships with one another, and advance the goal of family church, and community. We also strive to compliment the existing ministries and support the vision of the church.
- Connect women to women through outreach, fellowship, and ministry.
- Discover the strength and healing that is available through the Word of God.
- Develop Christ-like character, discipline, and relationships at home, work, church, and in the community.
- Develop and organize a ministry, which will speak to the particular needs, issues, and concerns of all women at various stages in their lives.
- Identify and foster the God-given gifts and talents of all women in the ministry.
- Equip all women with an understanding of the Word of God and His purpose for their life.
- Develop a daily prayer life individually and with a prayer sister.
- Make spiritual growth a priority by being an active participant in Sunday School, Bible Study, and other teaching/training opportunities.
- Present opportunities to understand and develop spiritual gifts and talents through workshops, conferences, and fellowships.
- Work in conjunction and collaboration with the Pastor and all ministries of the Church.
- Allow our God-given gifts and talents to be used for the uplifting of the ministry.
- Respect the work and efforts of others.
- Conduct all meetings in an organized, spiritual, and God-directed manner so that He may receive all the glory. Support and encourage one another, guarding each other’s reputations.
- Support and participate in the Women’s Ministry activities.
Women Sharing the Good News
Who We Are
As women today, we hear many conflicting opinions about where we fit in. At Annistown we strive to reach everyone with the love of Christ and to model His compassion and caring for our community.
Our Mission is to bring women to know Him as Lord and to honor Him with the lives that we lead. Whatever our calling, Stay-at-Home Mom, Working Wife and Mother, Teacher, Friend, Single, Single Parent, Teenager, Senior Saint, we all need to understand that the basis for abundant life is a relationship with Jesus Christ.
What We Do
Some of the opportunities for service within the Ladies Ministry are:
- Quarterly Events planned to provide opportunities to get to know others in the church and the community
- Yearly Retreats offering a chance to get away and refresh your walk with the Lord.
- Special Events involving participation in missions activities and outreach.
- TEA (Together for Encouragement and Accountability) Time is a small group ministry for women of all ages and stages of life. Membership provides fellowship, encouragement, accountability, and mentoring in a cross generational setting.
- Groups consist of six women meeting once per month in a host home from September thru May. Each group shares food, fellowship, and encouragement through a time of prayer for each other.
For More Information
If you are interested in learning more about Women’s activities here at Annistown, you may contact the church office at 770-979-2422. We would be happy to help you find the area of ministry where you could best serve. Watch for current dates and events on the overhead each Sunday morning as well as in the newsletter.
Questions or comments email: firstname.lastname@example.org